Sunday 10 January 2016

I Am A Witness - 2015




For the past five years as part of my reflection at the end of a year, I have gathered a collection of pictures that represent moments I have cherished from the year. As I was looking back this year, I found I had many moment's I didn't have a picture for, it turns out I didn't take many photos in 2015. Life didn't look how I thought it would last year, and many times my mind was caught up in the ciaos of it all. I love taking pictures, capturing that moment in time when nothing will every be exactly like it was every again. Stopping even if it is only for a few seconds to appreciate the beautiful in your midst. It's an art that I have missed being a part of. As we begin a new year, I want to recommit myself to a goal I set when I first arrived in Africa.


I am a Witness

While we journey in Africa, I have committed to posting a collection of picture; moments of overwhelming joy, sorrow, pain, pride and beauty captured in my honest and uncensored attempt to tell our story and those of the ones we love. 


I am a witness; I want my testimony to be honest and uncensored,
I also want it to be powerful and eloquent and
to do as much justice as possible to the experiences
of the people I’m photographing

 – James Natchtwey

Have a look at the rest of my 2015 collection. 

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment